Friday, December 5, 2008

Things I would like for ChristmaHanuKwanzakah...

This is shamelessly self-serving, I admit. However, my mother AGAIN told me how hard it is to buy me Holiday presents. Actually, she's becoming a big-time Jesus fan, so what she actually said was something about gifts to celebrate the Birth of Our Savior, spoken with caps and italics, like that, even. She keeps peppering her conversations with salvation chatter and I don't know what to say to her about it. Anyhoo...
I am the easiest person in the world for whom to buy presents, I think. Seriously. Just getting one makes me delirious with joy, so it has to REALLY suck in order to disappoint. The only time I was ever let down was when my mom neglected what I really wanted in lieu of too tight jeans to prove that I was getting fat and a used game of Clue from the Salvation Army that was missing the rope and the lead pipe from the little props section of the plastic organizer. Dammit. I'm still bitter about that one. Christmas, 1986.
Also, I got to mom (as a verb) last night. Dustin came over and I grilled him endlessly until he laughed about what he would want from Santa. It's the first time I've ever had the chance to give a kid some Christmas, and though my experience isn't the full-on parental version, I have to say that I GET it. I want a tree for him, singing plastic angels for him, stockings for him, shit on the windows for him, a train set, village, and ornaments for him. And I want to give him everything he could ever want. Wow, it's kind of like having Jesus in the house.
He wants a cell phone. That's pretty much it. But I got him to admit that a motorized Erector set would be pretty cool, although he wouldn't tell anyone he got it because 'the name of it is gay'. I was thinking on repainting and finishing his room, too, but that would just be harder for him to leave, and that's not what I'm shooting for. He wants some clothes, some games, etc. What surprised me the most was what he DOESN'T want, like a DS, a PSP, or a Wii. He doesn't want candy, or money or gift cards. The listing of all things that Dustin wants led me to make a list of my own this year, of basic easy things that tickled my fancy while searching around.

Here they are:

* In place of the THREE kitty calendars I got from idiots last year

* Something hilarious that will wear off in one week

* The thing I'm gonna buy if I DON'T have it gifted

* The thing I want from Santa

* What you'd get me if you were my new husband

* And after we'd been wed five years


That's about it. I have to quit gifantisizing and do some work. Have a good weekend, yo.

1 comment:

The Redhead said...

hahaaa, here's hopin', kid! ;o)